Boost your club or school’s spirit and encourage physical activity among the group. Register your Oasis Youth Team today!
Here are some added benefits to forming a Youth Team:
- Over $3000 Cash Prizing – cash prizes awarded to various categories including largest and second largest high school and elementary school; largest school outside Lower Mainland; largest and second largest youth organization and random cash draw
- Branded Team Shirts – Souvenir Event Technical Shirts will be printed with your team name on the backs of your adult sized shirts to help show off your camaraderie! For those signed up for the Shaw Mini 2.5k Sun Run, youth sized t-shirts will be cotton and will NOT have the team name (due to imprint size).
- Build team camaraderie and promote health and fitness!
What’s Included With Your Team Entry
- Each team member will receive a SOUVENIR TECH SHIRT printed with your team name (max 30 characters)
- Team shirts and bibs are couriered to your team captain free of charge!
- Personalized race bibs until team final deadline
- Fun finishers’ party on race day for in-person participants!
- Potential to win a team cash prize.
Deadlines & Fees
Student (18 years and under) 2.5K/10K – Lock In 2022 Pricing from November 1 – 15: $22
Student (18 years and under) 2.5K/10K – November 16 – February 6: $25
Student (18 years and under) 2.5K/10K – February 7 – March 3: $35
Adults (19 years+) 2.5K/10K – Lock In 2022 Pricing from November 1 – 15: $35
Adults (19 years+) 2.5K/10K – November 16 – February 6: $40
Adults (19 years+) 2.5K/10K – February 7 – March 3: $45
November 1 – February 6: $30
February 7 – March 3: $40
IMPORTANT NOTE: All registrations are considered final. NO REFUNDS. NO TRANSFERS.
How to Get Started – Create an Oasis Youth Team!
Teams can include runners, joggers, walkers or wheelchair participants. Teams can be comprised of fellow students, staff, friends, or family. There is a minimum team requirement of 14 people (must have more youths than adults) in order to qualify to have a team. Any combination of youth, sports teams, youth groups or youth clubs are welcome to participate in the Youth Team Division. Youth team members can register for the in-person or virtual race and either in the 10K or the Shaw Mini Sun Run 2.5K category. Click here to create your team.
Click here for the Oasis Youth Team Challenge Poster that you can use to circulate to potential members.
Teams unable to complete the 14 members will be disbanded and moved to the Individual Category. They must then pay the price difference between the youth team pricing and individual pricing. Adults & youth may participate in the Shaw 2.5k Mini Sun Run as part of their youth team when they register but must pay the youth team rate. A reminder that the Shaw 2.5k Mini Sun Run is NOT A TIMED EVENT.
Joining A Team:
Your Team Captain would have shared a link for you to join your Oasis Youth Team; alternatively you can also search the registration site by your team name. Click here to Join a Team. Before registering a youth that is also your student, please confirm that registration aligns with your school’s policies or guidelines.
Click here for a step-by-step on How To Join A Team.
How To Manage Your Team
Team Captains click here to find out how you can manage your team. You can see who’s registered, shirt sizes ordered, review your invoice and ensure shipment info is correct.
Team Package Pick-up Date and Time:
Team Shirts and Race Bibs w/ Timing Chip: These will all be delivered to the address provided on the team registration form (completed by the Team Captain) at NO CHARGE. Team members need to contact their Team Captain directly to pick-up their race package. Team Captains can expect their Youth Team Package between April 4-6, 2023.
Please Note: Race packages for team members’ friends or family who are NOT part of your team and registered as Individuals, must pick up their package separately at/during the Sun Run Fair. For teams who are disbanded and moved to the Individual or the Shaw Mini Sun Run 2.5K category, please go to BC Place to pick-up your race package as well.