In light of COVID-19 and in an effort to help keep our participants, volunteers and community safe, the 2021 Vancouver Sun Run will be a virtual race event. While there will not be an in-person race, you can still join thousands of others as you accomplish your goals and cross the finish line… virtually!
Virtual Race Details
Whether you’re tackling the race solo or as a team, there are options for everyone. Run or walk your distance when and where makes sense for you!
You’ll be able to share your race results from April 18 – 30, 2021. Don’t forget to have a loved one hang your shiny, new medal on your neck at the finish line – you deserve it!
Have a question?
We are here to help! But first, your question may have already been answered! Check our FAQs below for answers to common topics.
Not sure how to use the FAQ page?
There are several ways you can find the answer to your question!
- Use the “Enter your keyword here” search bar at the beginning of each section. Begin typing keywords (ex: Individual 10k, transfer, team shirt) and articles will automatically populate for you to click through.
- Use the sections – Virtual Race, 2020 Registrants – to find your answer. Once you find the question you are looking for, click the question to open the answer!
When is the 2021 virtual race?
Will there be an in-person event?
How do I register for the virtual race?
- Visit our Registration page and select the Category that applies.
- Sign in if you are transferring from 2020 OR already have an account.
- Complete the registration form. The virtual race is the only option for 2021.
- You should receive an email confirmation.
- Congratulations! You’re a part of Canada’s largest 10k… virtually!
What swag will I receive for the virtual race?
Shaw Mini Sun Run participants will receive a 2021 cotton shirt.
Teams that reach the minimum amount of members will receive team shirts.
How do I get my race swag?
Teams that meet the minimum criteria (8+ for Shaw Team Division and 14+ for Youth Team Challenge) will receive their swag from their Team Captain.
What if I cannot pick up my swag in person?
PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to ship outside of Canada or the U.S. at this time.
What do I do with my results when I'm finished with my run?
What is the refund policy?
For 2020 transfers:
If you already transferred into 2021 and do NOT want to run the virtual race, you may transfer into 2022 for no charge.
If you are eligible for transfer, but have not yet transferred and do NOT want to run the virtual race, you may transfer into 2022 for the transfer fee of $15 (plus taxes and fees).
2020 Registrations & Transfers
What if I have ALREADY transferred into the 2021 event?
- Stay in the virtual race. You are already registered and will just need to let us know if you will be picking up your swag or will pay for shipping via this form.
- Transfer to the 2022 event. If you already transferred from 2020, you do not need to pay the transfer fee again. Please complete this form to transfer to 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline to transfer to 2022 is December 19, 2020. Otherwise, you will be automatically registered for the 2021 virtual race.
What if I have NOT yet transferred into the 2021 event, but was registered for 2020?
- Transfer to the 2021 virtual race via the Registration page. You will still need to pay the $18 transfer fee ($15 transfer fee plus taxes and fees). Need help transferring? View our instructions here.
- Defer to the 2022 event. You will still need to pay the $18 transfer fee ($15 transfer fee plus taxes and fees) at a future date. Please complete this form to defer.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline to transfer into the 2021 virtual race is December 19, 2020. If you miss the deadline and wish to register for the 2021 virtual race at another time, the registration will be normal price. Otherwise, your transfer will be eligible towards the 2022 event.
I'm the Team Captain of a team that has company-paid registrations for 2020. What do I do?
- Use team your registrations for the 2021 virtual race. For already transferred registrations, you do not need to take any action – they are already in the virtual race. For registrations not yet transferred, add members to your team as normal. The registrations will only cost $18 per person (the $15 transfer fee plus taxes and fees) until you have reached your transfer limit. Subsequent registrations will then be charged at normal price. Any unused eligible 2020 transfers will automatically be able to be used for the 2022 Sun Run and will not be forfeit.2. Defer all of your registrations to the 2022 Vancouver Sun Run, without any additional fees. Choosing this option means that any current team registrations for 2021 will be cancelled and will be applied towards the 2022 event. To do this, please complete this form. The deadline is December 19, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST.
If any team members paid for their own registration, they must take action themselves if they would like to run the virtual race or transfer to the 2022 event.